Look out Lionsgate, BBC America‘s after a slice of your box office glory. The network scored a per-screen average of $13,607 on Saturday with its Doctor Who: The Day Of The Doctor REALD 3D screening event, besting The Hunger Games: Catching Fire‘s $12,300 average in the U.S. according to Rentrak (Catching Fire opened on 4,163 screens last weekend on its way to a $307M global take on the weekend, compared to Doctor Who‘s limited 11-screen run.) NCM Fathom Events will screen the Day Of The Doctor 3D again tonight in 650 theaters nationwide.
‘Doctor Who’ Claims Victory Over ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl Box…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun. AM…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”