Look out Lionsgate, BBC America‘s after a slice of your box office glory. The network scored a per-screen average of $13,607 on Saturday with its Doctor Who: The Day Of The Doctor REALD 3D screening event, besting The Hunger Games: Catching Fire‘s $12,300 average in the U.S. according to Rentrak (Catching Fire opened on 4,163 screens last weekend on its way to a $307M global take on the weekend, compared to Doctor Who‘s limited 11-screen run.) NCM Fathom Events will screen the Day Of The Doctor 3D again tonight in 650 theaters nationwide.
‘Doctor Who’ Claims Victory Over ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'