Look out Lionsgate, BBC America‘s after a slice of your box office glory. The network scored a per-screen average of $13,607 on Saturday with its Doctor Who: The Day Of The Doctor REALD 3D screening event, besting The Hunger Games: Catching Fire‘s $12,300 average in the U.S. according to Rentrak (Catching Fire opened on 4,163 screens last weekend on its way to a $307M global take on the weekend, compared to Doctor Who‘s limited 11-screen run.) NCM Fathom Events will screen the Day Of The Doctor 3D again tonight in 650 theaters nationwide.
‘Doctor Who’ Claims Victory Over ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'