Funny or Die is expanding its TV slate with a new untitled sports docu-series that features strength and conditioning coach Mike Barwis and a rotating cast of pro athletes. Each of the eight hour-long episodes will feature Barwis working with a different athlete at his Barwis Methods Training Center in Detroit, MI. The pilot, which Funny or Die has already shot, features the NFL’s Tyrann Mathieu (AKA “The Honey Badger”) who has had a breakout rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Production begins in January on the other seven episodes. Barwis has served over 10 years as head strength and conditioning coach at West Virginia University and the University of Michigan. He has owned Barwis Methods Training Center for two years. The series was created by brothers Mike and Chris Farah who also executive produce along with Rebecca Mayer. Anna Wenger and Joe Farrell are co-executive producers. The series is slated to air on Discovery Channel in 2014. Other shows on Funny or Die’s TV slate include @midnight and Brody Stevens: Enjoy It on Comedy Central, Funny Or Die’s Billy On The Street on Fuse, Spoils Of Babylon on IFC, and We Are Miracles, the upcoming Sarah Silverman special for HBO.
Discovery Channel To Debut Funny Or Die Sports Docu-Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa