Funny or Die is expanding its TV slate with a new untitled sports docu-series that features strength and conditioning coach Mike Barwis and a rotating cast of pro athletes. Each of the eight hour-long episodes will feature Barwis working with a different athlete at his Barwis Methods Training Center in Detroit, MI. The pilot, which Funny or Die has already shot, features the NFL’s Tyrann Mathieu (AKA “The Honey Badger”) who has had a breakout rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Production begins in January on the other seven episodes. Barwis has served over 10 years as head strength and conditioning coach at West Virginia University and the University of Michigan. He has owned Barwis Methods Training Center for two years. The series was created by brothers Mike and Chris Farah who also executive produce along with Rebecca Mayer. Anna Wenger and Joe Farrell are co-executive producers. The series is slated to air on Discovery Channel in 2014. Other shows on Funny or Die’s TV slate include @midnight and Brody Stevens: Enjoy It on Comedy Central, Funny Or Die’s Billy On The Street on Fuse, Spoils Of Babylon on IFC, and We Are Miracles, the upcoming Sarah Silverman special for HBO.
Discovery Channel To Debut Funny Or Die Sports Docu-Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop “Blood Bath”…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night