EXCLUSIVE: Murphy Brown creator Diane English has joined NBC’s comedy project starring pint-sized Ellen standouts Sophia Grace and Rosie and produced by Ellen DeGeneres’ A Very Good Production and Warner Bros. TV, which actively pursued English. With her on board, the project, originally bought by NBC with a script commitment, has been given a pilot production commitment. There is no firm concept yet for the multi-camera comedy, though Sophia Grace, 10, and her cousin Rosie, 7, are expected to play some versions of themselves. English is executive producing through Bend in the Road Prods. alongside AVGP’s DeGeneres and Jeff Kleeman. This would mark ICM Partners-repped English’s first series since the end of Murphy Brown which earned her two best series Emmys and a writing one for the hit comedy’s pilot. British girls Sophia Grace and Rosie have been a major ratings draw on Ellen where they are frequent guests. Their music performances have garnered tens millions of views online, with the youngsters appealing to a very wide audience. In addition to the TV project, AVGP also is producing a direct to video feature starring Sophia Grace and Rosie, which starts production this month.
Diane English Tapped To Write NBC’s Sophia Grace & Rosie Comedy, Which Has Received Pilot Production Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive