FX has found a replacement for one of the key roles in its upcoming drama series The Strain, from Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan and Carlton Cuse, which is based on the best-selling vampire novel trilogy of the same title written by del Toro and Hogan. David Bradley (Game Of Thrones, the Harry Potter franchise) will play Professor Abraham Setrakian. The role was recast after the pilot where it was played by John Hurt. The Strain is a high-concept thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather (Corey Stoll), the head of the Centers for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called on to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. Setrakian is a holocaust survivor who immigrated to the United States after World War II and now runs a pawn shop in Spanish Harlem. As the outbreak spreads, he may be the only one with answers – if anyone will listen.
David Bradley To Play Professor Abraham Setrakian In FX’s ‘The Strain’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres