Daniel Radcliffe is starring as an American journalist who covers the Japanese underworld in Tokyo Vice. FilmNation Entertainment will finance and sell international rights at AFM to the thriller, which is based on the memoir of reporter Jake Adelstein. His beat includes covering stories of the yakuza, extortion, murder, human trafficking, and fiscal corruption. Commercials and video director Anthony Mandler will helming the pic from a script being written by J.T. Rogers. John Lesher and Adam Kassan will produce the film, with Binn Jakupi aboard as executive producer. UTA is repping U.S. rights to Tokyo Vice, which is set to shoot in mid-2014. Radcliffe is represented by Sue Latimer at ARG in the UK and by UTA in the U.S. and attorney Fred Toczek. Mandler is represented by UTA and Management 360. Rogers is represented by WME. Adelstein is represented by UTA and William Clark Associates.
AFM: FilmNation Boards True-Crime Thriller ‘Tokyo Vice’ Starring Daniel Radcliffe
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role