Daniel Radcliffe is starring as an American journalist who covers the Japanese underworld in Tokyo Vice. FilmNation Entertainment will finance and sell international rights at AFM to the thriller, which is based on the memoir of reporter Jake Adelstein. His beat includes covering stories of the yakuza, extortion, murder, human trafficking, and fiscal corruption. Commercials and video director Anthony Mandler will helming the pic from a script being written by J.T. Rogers. John Lesher and Adam Kassan will produce the film, with Binn Jakupi aboard as executive producer. UTA is repping U.S. rights to Tokyo Vice, which is set to shoot in mid-2014. Radcliffe is represented by Sue Latimer at ARG in the UK and by UTA in the U.S. and attorney Fred Toczek. Mandler is represented by UTA and Management 360. Rogers is represented by WME. Adelstein is represented by UTA and William Clark Associates.
AFM: FilmNation Boards True-Crime Thriller ‘Tokyo Vice’ Starring Daniel Radcliffe
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’ s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey