Daniel Radcliffe is starring as an American journalist who covers the Japanese underworld in Tokyo Vice. FilmNation Entertainment will finance and sell international rights at AFM to the thriller, which is based on the memoir of reporter Jake Adelstein. His beat includes covering stories of the yakuza, extortion, murder, human trafficking, and fiscal corruption. Commercials and video director Anthony Mandler will helming the pic from a script being written by J.T. Rogers. John Lesher and Adam Kassan will produce the film, with Binn Jakupi aboard as executive producer. UTA is repping U.S. rights to Tokyo Vice, which is set to shoot in mid-2014. Radcliffe is represented by Sue Latimer at ARG in the UK and by UTA in the U.S. and attorney Fred Toczek. Mandler is represented by UTA and Management 360. Rogers is represented by WME. Adelstein is represented by UTA and William Clark Associates.
AFM: FilmNation Boards True-Crime Thriller ‘Tokyo Vice’ Starring Daniel Radcliffe
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First