Daniel Radcliffe is starring as an American journalist who covers the Japanese underworld in Tokyo Vice. FilmNation Entertainment will finance and sell international rights at AFM to the thriller, which is based on the memoir of reporter Jake Adelstein. His beat includes covering stories of the yakuza, extortion, murder, human trafficking, and fiscal corruption. Commercials and video director Anthony Mandler will helming the pic from a script being written by J.T. Rogers. John Lesher and Adam Kassan will produce the film, with Binn Jakupi aboard as executive producer. UTA is repping U.S. rights to Tokyo Vice, which is set to shoot in mid-2014. Radcliffe is represented by Sue Latimer at ARG in the UK and by UTA in the U.S. and attorney Fred Toczek. Mandler is represented by UTA and Management 360. Rogers is represented by WME. Adelstein is represented by UTA and William Clark Associates.
AFM: FilmNation Boards True-Crime Thriller ‘Tokyo Vice’ Starring Daniel Radcliffe
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike