The Coach is staying on. Original New Girl co-star Damon Wayans, Jr., who returned to the show for an arc this fall, will continue on the Fox comedy for the rest of the season. He is expected to be in every episode but is billed as a special guest star, leaving him available for pilot (He is executive producing a comedy project at Fox, which he could potentially star in.) Wayans Jr. did the New Girl pilot in second position to his ABC series Happy Endings. But when ABC surprisingly renewed Happy Endings, instead of recasting his role, Coach, New Girl opted to leave him in the pilot and introduce a new character in Episode 2, played by Lamorne Morris. When Wayans Jr. became available following the cancellation of Happy Endings in May, he was invited to come back to New Girl for a four-episode arc, which began airing last night. Coincidentally, last night New Girl had a 11% ratings spike in adults 18-49 and hit a season high in Men 18-34. Wayans Jr. is with WME, Mosaic and P.J. Shapiro.
Damon Wayans Jr. To Stay On ‘New Girl’ For The Remainder Of The Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate