The Coach is staying on. Original New Girl co-star Damon Wayans, Jr., who returned to the show for an arc this fall, will continue on the Fox comedy for the rest of the season. He is expected to be in every episode but is billed as a special guest star, leaving him available for pilot (He is executive producing a comedy project at Fox, which he could potentially star in.) Wayans Jr. did the New Girl pilot in second position to his ABC series Happy Endings. But when ABC surprisingly renewed Happy Endings, instead of recasting his role, Coach, New Girl opted to leave him in the pilot and introduce a new character in Episode 2, played by Lamorne Morris. When Wayans Jr. became available following the cancellation of Happy Endings in May, he was invited to come back to New Girl for a four-episode arc, which began airing last night. Coincidentally, last night New Girl had a 11% ratings spike in adults 18-49 and hit a season high in Men 18-34. Wayans Jr. is with WME, Mosaic and P.J. Shapiro.
Damon Wayans Jr. To Stay On ‘New Girl’ For The Remainder Of The Season
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess