D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye) has come on board to direct Tin Man, NBC’s drama pilot from top feature writer Ehren Kruger (The Ring and Transformers franchises). Set in the near future, Tin Man is a psychological crime thriller that focuses on a fugitive robot accused of first-degree murder, who may hold the key to the future of human evolution, and the young female public defender forced to fight for his cause. Kruger is executive producing with his partner at Bobker/Kruger Films Daniel Bobker and John Glenn. Caruso’s involvement in Tin Man stems from his collaboration with Kruger on the feature side where the two have been developing sci-fi tentpole Invertigo at Sony, produced by Bobker/Kruger Films and Neal Moritz. This marks Caruso’s return to TV series where he has done episodic work in the past, including helming four episodes of FX’s The Shield.
D.J. Caruso To Direct NBC Pilot ‘Tin Man’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21