D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye) has come on board to direct Tin Man, NBC’s drama pilot from top feature writer Ehren Kruger (The Ring and Transformers franchises). Set in the near future, Tin Man is a psychological crime thriller that focuses on a fugitive robot accused of first-degree murder, who may hold the key to the future of human evolution, and the young female public defender forced to fight for his cause. Kruger is executive producing with his partner at Bobker/Kruger Films Daniel Bobker and John Glenn. Caruso’s involvement in Tin Man stems from his collaboration with Kruger on the feature side where the two have been developing sci-fi tentpole Invertigo at Sony, produced by Bobker/Kruger Films and Neal Moritz. This marks Caruso’s return to TV series where he has done episodic work in the past, including helming four episodes of FX’s The Shield.
D.J. Caruso To Direct NBC Pilot ‘Tin Man’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate