UPDATED: With its siblings Showtime and CBS tackling terrorism via Homeland and Hostages, respectively, the CW also is joining the fray. The network is putting its youthful stamp on the subject with an untitled project from Memphis Beat creators Liz W. Garcia and Joshua Harto and producer Bill Haber. In fact, the CW is so focused on launching a terrorism drama, it is developing not one but two such projects. Described as Alias meets Homeland, the untitled Garcia/Harto drama centers on a young female FBI agent with the New York City Joint Terrorism Task Force whose undercover assignment at a prestigious New York university becomes the focus of the entire agency when she discovers a vital terrorist cell hiding in plain sight. Garcia and Harto are writing the script and will exec produce with Haber for Warner Bros. TV and Haber’s Ostar Prods. The project reunites Harto and Haber with Warner Bros. whose cable division produced Memphis Beat for TNT. The duo, repped by CAA and Madhouse, also has Angel Time, a drama based on the characters in Anne Rice’s The Songs Of The Seraphim novels set at CBS with Joe Carnahan directing. Founding CAA agent-turned-producer Haber is repped by the agency he once helped launch. The CW’s other terrorism drama project in development, from producer ALex Kurtzman and Bob Orci and writer Corinne Brinkerhoff, centers on a young Brooklynite recruited by the CIA to infiltrate her recently discovered biological family, a wealthy and powerful dynasty in Texas suspected of having criminal alliances across the globe.
CW Developing Drama About Sleeper Terrorist Cell At Top New York University
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love