Turns out the very bad primetime CNN had on October 30 wasn’t a one-day anomaly. Last week was the worst CNN had in primetime in over a year and the worst week since Jeff Zucker took over. The cable news network averaged just 385,000 viewers and a mere 95,000 in the adult 25-54 demo for the week of October 28 to November 1. Despite a very busy week of Congressional healthcare hearings and the LAX shooting, CNN was a distant third to Fox News Channel (2.367 million viewers & 377,000 in the demo) and MSNBC (683,000 viewers and 150,000 in the demo.) While ahead of sister station HLN and CNBC, the fact is that FNC had almost as many viewers in the key news demo as CNN had in total viewers. This was the worst CNN has done over a full week since the week of August 6, 2012. As bad as last week was, at least Zucker, who took over as CNN Worldwide chief at the end of January this year, can take solace that it wasn’t a record low for CNN. That happened before his watch. Up against the London Olympics, CNN was slammed the week of July 30 to August 5, 2012 when it pulled in a mere 307,000 total viewers on average and just 87,000 in the demo.
CNN Hits Lowest Week Of Jeff Zucker’s Regime; Has Barely More Total Viewers Than Fox News Has In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel