Turns out the very bad primetime CNN had on October 30 wasn’t a one-day anomaly. Last week was the worst CNN had in primetime in over a year and the worst week since Jeff Zucker took over. The cable news network averaged just 385,000 viewers and a mere 95,000 in the adult 25-54 demo for the week of October 28 to November 1. Despite a very busy week of Congressional healthcare hearings and the LAX shooting, CNN was a distant third to Fox News Channel (2.367 million viewers & 377,000 in the demo) and MSNBC (683,000 viewers and 150,000 in the demo.) While ahead of sister station HLN and CNBC, the fact is that FNC had almost as many viewers in the key news demo as CNN had in total viewers. This was the worst CNN has done over a full week since the week of August 6, 2012. As bad as last week was, at least Zucker, who took over as CNN Worldwide chief at the end of January this year, can take solace that it wasn’t a record low for CNN. That happened before his watch. Up against the London Olympics, CNN was slammed the week of July 30 to August 5, 2012 when it pulled in a mere 307,000 total viewers on average and just 87,000 in the demo.
CNN Hits Lowest Week Of Jeff Zucker’s Regime; Has Barely More Total Viewers Than Fox News Has In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- ‘Stand Up For Something’ Being Used As Rallying Call For Gun Violence Prevention Movement
- StudioCanal Launching French TV Production Unit
- Broadcast Series Renewals & Cancellations: The List So Far
- ‘Vida’ Showrunner Tanya Saracho Inks Overall Deal With Starz
- ‘The Bisexual’ Casts; Portugal Offers $3.5M Incentives; ITV Eyes More ‘Full Monty’…
- ‘Grand Hotel’: Roselyn Sanchez To Star In ABC Drama Pilot, Ken Olin To Direct