British independent production company Nerd TV specializes in documentaries and non-scripted entertainment. Its LA-based operation will open this month following commissions from OWN, Discovery and A+E. The office will be managed by Nerd co-founder and creative director John Farrar and will focus on creating high-end non-scripted series for U.S. channels. Nerd is developing three pilots for three undisclosed networks, including its first factual entertainment series and a presenter-led documentary with former street boss for the New York mob, Lou Ferrante. That is a separate show to the five-part hourlong series Inside The Gangsters’ Code, which Ferrante fronted and which went out on the Discovery Channel in 217 countries this past February. Nerd is also producing 10-part series Dogfellas, which is set in a dog grooming parlor run by former notorious mobster James “Head” Giuliani. A+E also picked up Nerd’s 12 Year Old Lifer, a documentary that recently aired on UK broadcaster Channel 4, about one of America’s youngest convicted killers who is now serving a life term for murder. Nerd was founded by Jago Lee and Farrar in 2010. Last year, Red Arrow Entertainment Group took a majority stake in the shingle. Red Arrow International handles distribution rights for Nerd’s content.
British Indie Nerd TV To Set Up Shop In Los Angeles
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Paramount Closing Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- George Clooney Sit-Down With Angela Merkel Puts Spotlight On Refugee Crisis – Berlin
- Competition Drama ‘Alone In Berlin’ Acquired By Altitude, Picturehouse In UK
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?