One of the darkest TV dramas ever made, AMC‘s Breaking Bad, looked to two comedies, Malcolm In The Middle and Newhart, for inspiration to craft an alternative ending, which surfaced today online ahead of the series’ DVD release. In the scene, which draws parallels to the classic ending of Newhart where Bob Newhart wakes up next to the wife from his previous series to reveal that everything on Newhart was just a dream, Cranston as goofy Malcolm in the Middle dad Hal wakes up next to his sitcom wife, Jane Kaczmarek as Lois, revealing that the entire Walter White story depicted on Breaking Bad was just Hal’s nightmare. Or was it? Watch till the end to find out.
‘Breaking Bad’s ‘Malcolm In The Middle’- Themed Alternate Ending
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Fox And Viacom Lead Media Stock Rally Sparked By Merger Speculation
- Kat Dennings To Star In Hulu Pilot ‘Dollface;’ ‘I, Tonya’s Margot Robbie, Bryan Unkeless Producing
- ‘Transparent’ Writer Says Jeffrey Tambor Accusers Told “Their Truth” & Series Should Not “Be Taken Down” By…
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls