EXCLUSIVE: Annette Bening and The Artist‘s Bérénice Bejo have signed on to star in Oscar winner Michel Hazanavicius‘ drama The Search. Hazanavicius also penned the screenplay. Pic will reunite Hazanavicius with producer Thomas Langmann and his award-winning production team from The Artist. Worldview Entertainment’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Maria Cestone and Sarah E. Johnson will executive produce. The Search is the story of an NGO worker who forms a special relationship with a young boy in war-torn Chechnya. It’s based on Fred Zinnemann’s Oscar-winning 1948 film, which is set in post-World War II Berlin. Shooting is underway in the country of Georgia, then will move on to France. Bening and Bejo are repped by CAA.
Bérénice Bejo & Annette Bening To Star In Michel Hazanavicius’ ‘The Search’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story
- Indie Drama ‘Five Nights In Maine’ Acquired By FilmRise