EXCLUSIVE: Annette Bening and The Artist‘s Bérénice Bejo have signed on to star in Oscar winner Michel Hazanavicius‘ drama The Search. Hazanavicius also penned the screenplay. Pic will reunite Hazanavicius with producer Thomas Langmann and his award-winning production team from The Artist. Worldview Entertainment’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Maria Cestone and Sarah E. Johnson will executive produce. The Search is the story of an NGO worker who forms a special relationship with a young boy in war-torn Chechnya. It’s based on Fred Zinnemann’s Oscar-winning 1948 film, which is set in post-World War II Berlin. Shooting is underway in the country of Georgia, then will move on to France. Bening and Bejo are repped by CAA.
Bérénice Bejo & Annette Bening To Star In Michel Hazanavicius’ ‘The Search’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl Box…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun. AM…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency