EXCLUSIVE: Annette Bening and The Artist‘s Bérénice Bejo have signed on to star in Oscar winner Michel Hazanavicius‘ drama The Search. Hazanavicius also penned the screenplay. Pic will reunite Hazanavicius with producer Thomas Langmann and his award-winning production team from The Artist. Worldview Entertainment’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Maria Cestone and Sarah E. Johnson will executive produce. The Search is the story of an NGO worker who forms a special relationship with a young boy in war-torn Chechnya. It’s based on Fred Zinnemann’s Oscar-winning 1948 film, which is set in post-World War II Berlin. Shooting is underway in the country of Georgia, then will move on to France. Bening and Bejo are repped by CAA.
Bérénice Bejo & Annette Bening To Star In Michel Hazanavicius’ ‘The Search’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?