EXCLUSIVE: Annette Bening and The Artist‘s Bérénice Bejo have signed on to star in Oscar winner Michel Hazanavicius‘ drama The Search. Hazanavicius also penned the screenplay. Pic will reunite Hazanavicius with producer Thomas Langmann and his award-winning production team from The Artist. Worldview Entertainment’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Maria Cestone and Sarah E. Johnson will executive produce. The Search is the story of an NGO worker who forms a special relationship with a young boy in war-torn Chechnya. It’s based on Fred Zinnemann’s Oscar-winning 1948 film, which is set in post-World War II Berlin. Shooting is underway in the country of Georgia, then will move on to France. Bening and Bejo are repped by CAA.
Bérénice Bejo & Annette Bening To Star In Michel Hazanavicius’ ‘The Search’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- ‘Stand Up For Something’ Being Used As Rallying Call For Gun Violence Prevention Movement
- Matthew Baker Short Futuristic Story ‘Life Sentence’ Creates Bidding Stampede
- Tim Blake Nelson Boards ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Uncork’d Entertainment & Lantern Lane Entertainment Acquire L.A. Film Festival Drama ‘20 Weeks’
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $190M+ Second Global Weekend
- Amazon Studios Lands Alafair Burke Novel ‘The Wife,’ A Thriller In #MeToo Moment