Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson, producers of Terminator: Salvation and the upcoming Bernie Madoff documentary In God We Trust, have partnered with visual artist and author Beatrix Ost on More Than Everything. The feature film will be based on a pair of Ost-penned memoirs: the German-language bestseller My Father’s House: A Childhood In Wartime Bavaria and the upcoming More Than Everything. Set in Germany during World War II, the film will tell the story of Ost’s family’s role in helping others escape the Nazi regime through the eyes of a young woman as she watches her world fall apart and finds the courage to embrace her new role as a symbol of change. Kubicek and Ost co-wrote the screenplay, and Kubicek and Anderson will produce through their The Halcyon Company. Production is set to begin in Europe next year.
Beatrix Ost Memoirs Getting Film Treatment Via Halcyon Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest Film News
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’
- ‘MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.’ Doc Shines Light On Singer’s Advocacy For Fellow Tamils – Sundance Studio
- Oscars: Female Nominees Tie Record For Most In One Year