BBC America has picked up the second season of British fantasy-adventure series Atlantis. The BBC, which originally commissioned the show inspired by Greek mythology, has already renewed it for a second season. For BBC America, which came aboard as co-producer on Atlantis in July, the pickup comes on the heels of the show’s November 23 premiere, which delivered the network’s highest-rated series premiere ever for Supernatural Saturday with 838,000 total viewers. Atlantis is an Urban Myth Films production for BBC Cymru Wales. The series follows the adventures of Jason (Jack Donnelly), Hercules (Mark Addy) and Pythagoras (Robert Emms) who battle against some of the most famous names of Greek legend, often in unexpected guises.
BBC America Picks Up Second Season Of ‘Atlantis’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'