EXCLUSIVE: Former Private Practice executive producer Barbie Kligman has joined ABC‘s adaptation of upcoming Australian crime mystery drama Secrets & Lies, from ABC Studios, Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and Australian-based Hoodlum. Kligman will serve as writer/executive producer/showrunner on the project, which has a 10-episode commitment and already is exploring casting choices. The original six-episode series stars Martin Henderson as a family man who finds the body of a young boy and quickly becomes the prime murder suspect. He has no choice but to try to find the real killer as his marriage, his kids, his reputation, and his sanity are all at stake. Kligman, repped by WME and Bruce Gellman, will exec produce alongside Kaplan and Hoodlum’s Tracey Robertson and Nathan Mayfield. Kligman comes from the Shonda Rhimes school of showrunning. She spent three years on Rhimes’ Private Practice, rising to executive producer/co-head writer in the final season. Before that she was a co-executive producer on The Vampire Diaries.
Barbie Kligman Set As Showrunner Of ABC’s ‘Secrets & Lies’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two