EXCLUSIVE: Former Private Practice executive producer Barbie Kligman has joined ABC‘s adaptation of upcoming Australian crime mystery drama Secrets & Lies, from ABC Studios, Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and Australian-based Hoodlum. Kligman will serve as writer/executive producer/showrunner on the project, which has a 10-episode commitment and already is exploring casting choices. The original six-episode series stars Martin Henderson as a family man who finds the body of a young boy and quickly becomes the prime murder suspect. He has no choice but to try to find the real killer as his marriage, his kids, his reputation, and his sanity are all at stake. Kligman, repped by WME and Bruce Gellman, will exec produce alongside Kaplan and Hoodlum’s Tracey Robertson and Nathan Mayfield. Kligman comes from the Shonda Rhimes school of showrunning. She spent three years on Rhimes’ Private Practice, rising to executive producer/co-head writer in the final season. Before that she was a co-executive producer on The Vampire Diaries.
Barbie Kligman Set As Showrunner Of ABC’s ‘Secrets & Lies’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres