EXCLUSIVE: Former Private Practice executive producer Barbie Kligman has joined ABC‘s adaptation of upcoming Australian crime mystery drama Secrets & Lies, from ABC Studios, Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and Australian-based Hoodlum. Kligman will serve as writer/executive producer/showrunner on the project, which has a 10-episode commitment and already is exploring casting choices. The original six-episode series stars Martin Henderson as a family man who finds the body of a young boy and quickly becomes the prime murder suspect. He has no choice but to try to find the real killer as his marriage, his kids, his reputation, and his sanity are all at stake. Kligman, repped by WME and Bruce Gellman, will exec produce alongside Kaplan and Hoodlum’s Tracey Robertson and Nathan Mayfield. Kligman comes from the Shonda Rhimes school of showrunning. She spent three years on Rhimes’ Private Practice, rising to executive producer/co-head writer in the final season. Before that she was a co-executive producer on The Vampire Diaries.
Barbie Kligman Set As Showrunner Of ABC’s ‘Secrets & Lies’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…