Until now David O. Russell‘s American Hustle (12/13) has been largely unseen, and along with Paramount’s The Wolf Of Wall Street (12/25) is the last 2013 awards contender to be unveiled. (I’m told screenings start this weekend for Hustle and at the end of the month for Wolf.). So all we have are the trailers and the six-minute opening sequence Russell showed at his AFI tribute last week. But at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event, one of the film’s producers, Richard Suckle, offered the 411 on just how far the American Hustle actors would go for their art in this wild crime drama.
The Contenders 2013: ‘American Hustle’ Producer Tells Why Christian Bale Shaved His Head And Gained 40 Pounds (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…