EXCLUSIVE: As American Dad is ramping up production on its eleventh season and first on TBS, the animated comedy’s co-creator/executive producer/co-showrunner Mike Barker has stepped down. He remains under an overall deal at 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind American Dad. Barker has been running the series with fellow co-creator/exec producer Matt Weitzman (the two co-created it with executive producer Seth MacFarlane). For the time being, Weitzman will serve as sole showrunner. American Dad is in the beginning stages of making the first four episodes of Season 11, which have held their table reads as part of a nine-month production cycle per episode. I hear the change at the helm was made over concerns that the show was not running smoothly. Barker has been on American Dad since the show’s 2005 launch except for a short-term leave last season.
‘American Dad’ Executive Producer/Co-Showrunner Mike Barker Exits
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'