EXCLUSIVE: As American Dad is ramping up production on its eleventh season and first on TBS, the animated comedy’s co-creator/executive producer/co-showrunner Mike Barker has stepped down. He remains under an overall deal at 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind American Dad. Barker has been running the series with fellow co-creator/exec producer Matt Weitzman (the two co-created it with executive producer Seth MacFarlane). For the time being, Weitzman will serve as sole showrunner. American Dad is in the beginning stages of making the first four episodes of Season 11, which have held their table reads as part of a nine-month production cycle per episode. I hear the change at the helm was made over concerns that the show was not running smoothly. Barker has been on American Dad since the show’s 2005 launch except for a short-term leave last season.
‘American Dad’ Executive Producer/Co-Showrunner Mike Barker Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series