Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has acquired key international rights to lit adaptation Your Voice In My Head, set to star Harry Potter‘s Emma Watson. Francesca Gregorini directs the drama about a young bipolar English woman living in New York and the selfless psychiatrist who saves her life, adapted from Emma Forrest’s NY Times bestseller. International Film Trust, repping sales, made the deal with SPWA for UK, Australia/New Zealand, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and Latin America. IFT’s Christian de Gallegos negotiated the multi-territory deal with Michael Helfand, EVP of Business Affairs, Chan Phung, VP of Acquisitions, and Jon Freedberg, VP of Business Development on behalf of SPWA. IFT’s additional sales on the pic include South Korea to Sookie, Turkey to Kalinos, Switzerland to Praesens, Hong Kong, India and Taiwan to PT Parkit, Singapore to Shaw, China to HGC and the Middle East to Shooting Stars. Filming begins in early 2014. The film is produced by Alison Owen and Michael Benaroya for Benaroya Pictures with Ruby’s Faye Ward executive producing. CAA is repping domestic sales.
AFM: SPWA Takes Key Territories On Emma Watson Drama ‘Your Voice In My Head’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency