There’s a new player on the indie scene today. Olive Films announced their new Martini Entertainment division Friday at AFM. The intent of Martini is to develop and produce U.S. independent pics as well as acquire and release them. Producer and former MGM Home Entertainment and Starz/Anchor Bay Entertainment exec Eric Wilkinson will oversee Martini as Olive’s EVP of Production, Development and Acquisitions. “I’m extremely pleased to be adding Eric to the Olive Films team,” said Olive Films President Farhad Arshad today. “His passion for film and knowledge of the business will be a true asset to the Martini Entertainment label. This next year will be an exciting time for all of us at Olive as we continue to expand.” Wilkinson’s producing and writing partner Richard Schenkman will also be on board to develop new projects and titles for the company. Olive was originally launched in 2003 by Arshad as a boutique theatrical and distribution label.
AFM: Olive Films Launches Martini Entertainment Indie Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…