There’s a new player on the indie scene today. Olive Films announced their new Martini Entertainment division Friday at AFM. The intent of Martini is to develop and produce U.S. independent pics as well as acquire and release them. Producer and former MGM Home Entertainment and Starz/Anchor Bay Entertainment exec Eric Wilkinson will oversee Martini as Olive’s EVP of Production, Development and Acquisitions. “I’m extremely pleased to be adding Eric to the Olive Films team,” said Olive Films President Farhad Arshad today. “His passion for film and knowledge of the business will be a true asset to the Martini Entertainment label. This next year will be an exciting time for all of us at Olive as we continue to expand.” Wilkinson’s producing and writing partner Richard Schenkman will also be on board to develop new projects and titles for the company. Olive was originally launched in 2003 by Arshad as a boutique theatrical and distribution label.
AFM: Olive Films Launches Martini Entertainment Indie Division
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Patten
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit