Comedian-turned-filmmaker Bobcat Goldthwait has inked a deal with MPI for all U.S. rights to his latest pic, thriller Willow Creek. The pact adds the Bigfoot chiller to MPI’s Dark Sky line-up. Following recent Goldthwait films World’s Greatest Dad and God Bless America, Willow Creek puts a faux-docu spin on the Bigfoot mythos as seen through the eyes of an aspiring documentarian (Bryce Johnson) and his skeptical actress girlfriend (Alexie Gilmore) as they take a tour of Northern California’s Trinity National Forest in search of Sasquatch. Goldthwait wrote and directed the pic, which will get a Spring theatrical release in Q2 2014. MPI’s Greg Newman negotiated the deal with Preferred Content’s Zac Bright and Kevin Iwashina and Cassian Elwes. Kaleidescope is repping foreign sales at AFM.
AFM: MPI Snags Bobcat Goldthwait’s Bigfoot Thriller ‘Willow Creek’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake