Comedian-turned-filmmaker Bobcat Goldthwait has inked a deal with MPI for all U.S. rights to his latest pic, thriller Willow Creek. The pact adds the Bigfoot chiller to MPI’s Dark Sky line-up. Following recent Goldthwait films World’s Greatest Dad and God Bless America, Willow Creek puts a faux-docu spin on the Bigfoot mythos as seen through the eyes of an aspiring documentarian (Bryce Johnson) and his skeptical actress girlfriend (Alexie Gilmore) as they take a tour of Northern California’s Trinity National Forest in search of Sasquatch. Goldthwait wrote and directed the pic, which will get a Spring theatrical release in Q2 2014. MPI’s Greg Newman negotiated the deal with Preferred Content’s Zac Bright and Kevin Iwashina and Cassian Elwes. Kaleidescope is repping foreign sales at AFM.
AFM: MPI Snags Bobcat Goldthwait’s Bigfoot Thriller ‘Willow Creek’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award