Comedian-turned-filmmaker Bobcat Goldthwait has inked a deal with MPI for all U.S. rights to his latest pic, thriller Willow Creek. The pact adds the Bigfoot chiller to MPI’s Dark Sky line-up. Following recent Goldthwait films World’s Greatest Dad and God Bless America, Willow Creek puts a faux-docu spin on the Bigfoot mythos as seen through the eyes of an aspiring documentarian (Bryce Johnson) and his skeptical actress girlfriend (Alexie Gilmore) as they take a tour of Northern California’s Trinity National Forest in search of Sasquatch. Goldthwait wrote and directed the pic, which will get a Spring theatrical release in Q2 2014. MPI’s Greg Newman negotiated the deal with Preferred Content’s Zac Bright and Kevin Iwashina and Cassian Elwes. Kaleidescope is repping foreign sales at AFM.
AFM: MPI Snags Bobcat Goldthwait’s Bigfoot Thriller ‘Willow Creek’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story
- Indie Drama ‘Five Nights In Maine’ Acquired By FilmRise