Gravitas Ventures has acquired U.S. rights to Toronto Film Fest entry Stay. The Visit Films drama starring Orange Is The New Black‘s Taylor Schilling and Aidan Quinn tracks the relationship between a young woman (Schilling) and a middle-aged professor (Quinn) whose lives are upended by an unexpected pregnancy. Wiebke von Carolsfeld wrote and directs the adaptation of Aislinn Hunter’s novel of the same name. Gravitas will release the pic theatrically and on VOD in first quarter 2014. Barry Keoghan, Nika McGuigan, Chris McHallem, Brian Gleeson, Pascale Montpetit, and Michael Ironside co-star. Mark Slone is exec producer while Martin Paul-Hus, David Collins, Andrew Boutilier, and Martina Niland are producers on the Canada-Ireland co-production which was backed by Telefilm Canada, SODEC, and the Irish Film Board. Nolan Gallagher negotiated the deal for Gravitas with Ryan Kampe of Visit Films. Visit Films is selling international rights at AFM.
AFM: Gravitas Snags ‘Stay’ Starring ‘Orange Is The New Black’s Taylor Schilling
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor