Gravitas Ventures has acquired U.S. rights to Toronto Film Fest entry Stay. The Visit Films drama starring Orange Is The New Black‘s Taylor Schilling and Aidan Quinn tracks the relationship between a young woman (Schilling) and a middle-aged professor (Quinn) whose lives are upended by an unexpected pregnancy. Wiebke von Carolsfeld wrote and directs the adaptation of Aislinn Hunter’s novel of the same name. Gravitas will release the pic theatrically and on VOD in first quarter 2014. Barry Keoghan, Nika McGuigan, Chris McHallem, Brian Gleeson, Pascale Montpetit, and Michael Ironside co-star. Mark Slone is exec producer while Martin Paul-Hus, David Collins, Andrew Boutilier, and Martina Niland are producers on the Canada-Ireland co-production which was backed by Telefilm Canada, SODEC, and the Irish Film Board. Nolan Gallagher negotiated the deal for Gravitas with Ryan Kampe of Visit Films. Visit Films is selling international rights at AFM.
AFM: Gravitas Snags ‘Stay’ Starring ‘Orange Is The New Black’s Taylor Schilling
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands