EXCLUSIVE: Anchor Bay Films has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Snake & Mongoo$e in a post-AFM deal. The fast-paced pic produced by Entertainment Universe and Rhino Films tells the true-life story of the friendship and rivalry between 1960s Southern California drag racing champs Don “Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “The Mongoo$e” McEwen. “We’re excited to be part of this energetic and heartfelt film. It’s a compelling story in the realm of sport classics like Brian’s Song, and we’re eager to share it with audiences early next year,” Anchor Bay Entertainment President Bill Clark said in a statement today. No release date has been set for the Wayne Holloway-directed pic, which stars Noah Wyle, with Grey’s Anatomy’s Jesse Williams as Snake and Richard Blake as Mongoo$e. Holloway co-wrote the script with auto industry journalist Alan Paradise. Anchor Bay EVP Acquisitions and Co-Productions Kevin Kasha negotiated for Anchor Bay Films with producer Robin Broidy for the filmmakers.
AFM: Anchor Bay Picks Up Drag Racing Pic ‘Snake & Mongoo$e’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role