EXCLUSIVE: Anchor Bay Films has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Snake & Mongoo$e in a post-AFM deal. The fast-paced pic produced by Entertainment Universe and Rhino Films tells the true-life story of the friendship and rivalry between 1960s Southern California drag racing champs Don “Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “The Mongoo$e” McEwen. “We’re excited to be part of this energetic and heartfelt film. It’s a compelling story in the realm of sport classics like Brian’s Song, and we’re eager to share it with audiences early next year,” Anchor Bay Entertainment President Bill Clark said in a statement today. No release date has been set for the Wayne Holloway-directed pic, which stars Noah Wyle, with Grey’s Anatomy’s Jesse Williams as Snake and Richard Blake as Mongoo$e. Holloway co-wrote the script with auto industry journalist Alan Paradise. Anchor Bay EVP Acquisitions and Co-Productions Kevin Kasha negotiated for Anchor Bay Films with producer Robin Broidy for the filmmakers.
AFM: Anchor Bay Picks Up Drag Racing Pic ‘Snake & Mongoo$e’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend