EXCLUSIVE: Producing duo Kelly Ripa and husband Mark Consuelos have teamed with writing duo Andrew Leeds and David Lampson, creators of last season’s pilot Brenda Forever, for another half-hour comedy project with a female protagonist. Poor Pam, which has been set up at ABC through ABC Studios, centers on Poor Pam, that friend everyone feels bad for. Single, unemployed, almost broke, living in the shadow of her famous sister — everyone has it better than Pam. But that doesn’t get her down. Poor Pam always looks on the bright side of life, and she’s always ready to go another round, no matter how many times she gets dropped on her ass. Leeds and Lampson will write the script and executive produce with Ripa and Consuelos. The project was developed internally at Ripa and Consuelos’ Milojo Prods with Albert Bianchini, who oversees the company’s projects. This marks Milojo’s second sale to ABC in the past month. The company, repped by CAA and Joe Dapello, also has a multi-cam mom comedy written by former General Hospital: Nightshift head writer Sri Rao. Poor Pam marks Leeds and Lampson’s return to multi-camera comedy, where they got their start when their multi-camera comedy spec was selected to be filmed as a part of the Bravo reality show Situation: Comedy, produced by Sean Hayes. Lampson and Leeds’ single-camera comedy spec Brenda Forever landed a rare January sale last season with a pilot order at NBC through Sony and Ellie Kemper as the star. The duo, repped by CAA and Jared Levine, previously wrote NBC’s legal drama pilot Rex is Not Your Lawyer starring David Tennant.
ABC Buys Comedy From Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos, Andrew Leeds & David Lampson
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…