EXCLUSIVE: New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel and her Hello Giggles cohorts are expanding into film with Sister-In-Law, a comedy they’ve just sold to Good Universe. The production company Deschanel formed with partner Rivka Rossi, springboarding off their femme-driven website Hello Giggles, has already been moving fast into TV. Sister-In-Law marks their first feature sale and will be scripted by Girls writer Sarah Heyward. Story follows a woman who meets her boyfriend’s family for the first time and must find a way to get along with her eccentric future sister-in-law. Audrey Chon will oversee for Good Universe, with Rossi, Deschanel, and Molly McAleer producing for Hello Giggles. Earlier this month Deschanel and Rossi sold TV comedies And Lies I Tell My Daughter and Freelancers to NBC and Fox, respectively. Heyward is repped by UTA. Rossi is repped by UTA, 3 Arts, and Ziffren. Deschanel is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson. McAleer is repped by WME and Ginsburg Daniels. Dan negotiated the deal on behalf of Good Universe.
Zooey Deschanel’s Hello Giggles Sells ‘Sister-In-Law’ To Good Universe; Sets ‘Girls’ Writer To Script
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'
- Jen On Genre: Brawling At Fantastic Fest; Stan Lee Capes His Career With Bollywood Creation