EXCLUSIVE: New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel and her Hello Giggles cohorts are expanding into film with Sister-In-Law, a comedy they’ve just sold to Good Universe. The production company Deschanel formed with partner Rivka Rossi, springboarding off their femme-driven website Hello Giggles, has already been moving fast into TV. Sister-In-Law marks their first feature sale and will be scripted by Girls writer Sarah Heyward. Story follows a woman who meets her boyfriend’s family for the first time and must find a way to get along with her eccentric future sister-in-law. Audrey Chon will oversee for Good Universe, with Rossi, Deschanel, and Molly McAleer producing for Hello Giggles. Earlier this month Deschanel and Rossi sold TV comedies And Lies I Tell My Daughter and Freelancers to NBC and Fox, respectively. Heyward is repped by UTA. Rossi is repped by UTA, 3 Arts, and Ziffren. Deschanel is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson. McAleer is repped by WME and Ginsburg Daniels. Dan negotiated the deal on behalf of Good Universe.
Zooey Deschanel’s Hello Giggles Sells ‘Sister-In-Law’ To Good Universe; Sets ‘Girls’ Writer To Script
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Producer Marc Platt On Oscars’ Diversity, ‘Bridge Of Spies’ & Making ‘Grease’ Live
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center