EXCLUSIVE: New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel and her Hello Giggles cohorts are expanding into film with Sister-In-Law, a comedy they’ve just sold to Good Universe. The production company Deschanel formed with partner Rivka Rossi, springboarding off their femme-driven website Hello Giggles, has already been moving fast into TV. Sister-In-Law marks their first feature sale and will be scripted by Girls writer Sarah Heyward. Story follows a woman who meets her boyfriend’s family for the first time and must find a way to get along with her eccentric future sister-in-law. Audrey Chon will oversee for Good Universe, with Rossi, Deschanel, and Molly McAleer producing for Hello Giggles. Earlier this month Deschanel and Rossi sold TV comedies And Lies I Tell My Daughter and Freelancers to NBC and Fox, respectively. Heyward is repped by UTA. Rossi is repped by UTA, 3 Arts, and Ziffren. Deschanel is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson. McAleer is repped by WME and Ginsburg Daniels. Dan negotiated the deal on behalf of Good Universe.
Zooey Deschanel’s Hello Giggles Sells ‘Sister-In-Law’ To Good Universe; Sets ‘Girls’ Writer To Script
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’