The World Series got under way tonight, so Fox International Channels figured it’s a good time to unveil a long-term deal to air MLB games in more than 30 European countries, starting with this year’s Fall Classic. The exclusive, multiplatform pact with Major League Baseball International gives FIC the rights to all MLB games: regular season, playoffs and the All-Star Game and Home Run Derby, along with baseball-related programming from Fox and MLB. Meanwhile, back in the States: Fox likely isn’t thrilled about that 5-0 lead the Red Sox built early and have held against the Cardinals in Game 1 of the Series. Baseball blowouts in primetime don’t exactly enthrall the demo.
World Series And Much More MLB Coming To Europe Via Fox International Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest International News
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- Facebook To Rely On Ben Franklin-Era Technology To Verify Political Ads In The Wake of Russian Meddling
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin