The World Series got under way tonight, so Fox International Channels figured it’s a good time to unveil a long-term deal to air MLB games in more than 30 European countries, starting with this year’s Fall Classic. The exclusive, multiplatform pact with Major League Baseball International gives FIC the rights to all MLB games: regular season, playoffs and the All-Star Game and Home Run Derby, along with baseball-related programming from Fox and MLB. Meanwhile, back in the States: Fox likely isn’t thrilled about that 5-0 lead the Red Sox built early and have held against the Cardinals in Game 1 of the Series. Baseball blowouts in primetime don’t exactly enthrall the demo.
World Series And Much More MLB Coming To Europe Via Fox International Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest International News
- Epic Pictures To Sell ‘Redcon-1’; ‘Spark’ Alights At Double Dutch; Artist View Gets Traplight Pair…
- ‘The Revenant’ Exec Producers Form Production-Financing Entity Facing East
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’ Coming Together Quickly: Could This Be The Hottest Title At Cannes?
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Zooming Past $300M Overseas Today – Intl Box Office
- Carlos Bardem Joins AMC’s ‘The Son’
- IFC Films Acquires Asif Kapadia’s ‘Ali & Nino’ For North America