The World Series got under way tonight, so Fox International Channels figured it’s a good time to unveil a long-term deal to air MLB games in more than 30 European countries, starting with this year’s Fall Classic. The exclusive, multiplatform pact with Major League Baseball International gives FIC the rights to all MLB games: regular season, playoffs and the All-Star Game and Home Run Derby, along with baseball-related programming from Fox and MLB. Meanwhile, back in the States: Fox likely isn’t thrilled about that 5-0 lead the Red Sox built early and have held against the Cardinals in Game 1 of the Series. Baseball blowouts in primetime don’t exactly enthrall the demo.
World Series And Much More MLB Coming To Europe Via Fox International Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- 19 Dead After Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In UK; Suicide Bomber Suspected
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?
- ‘Beauty And The Dogs’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Cannes