EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Mark Webber, whose film The End Of Love got nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at 2012 Sundance and who just wrapped The Ever After. Webber, who wrote The End Of Love, also scripted The Ever After, and stars in it with Melissa Leo, Rosario Dawson, Kid Cudi, Jaime King, and Teresa Palmer. Webber’s earlier film Explicit Ills won the 2008 SXSW Audience Award. Webber is not only a rising director, he’s an inspiration for overcoming adversity. He was raised in Philadelphia by his mom, and both of them lived on the streets part of the time. She has become a renowned advocate for the homeless who ran for Vice President last year with the Green Party. Now he’s with a major agency. He continues with attorney Ira Schreck.
WME Signs ‘The End Of Love’ Helmer Mark Webber
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Fleming Jr
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'
- Hamptons Fest Gets 'St. Vincent' Opener; Now They Pray For St. Bill
- Bryan Cranston In 'The Great Wall' Talks
- Bryan Singer Set To Helm 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Lava Bear Joins Chinese Pic 'The Bodyguard'