EXCLUSIVE: The Pursuit Of Happyness helmer has decided to pursue things with a new agency. Gabriele Muccino has come aboard WME after departing CAA earlier this month after several years, I’ve learned. Muccino is currently directing Voltage’s Fathers And Daughters starring Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried as a family struggling with the death of the mother and mental illness. Craig J. Flores and Nicolas Chartier of Voltage are producing with Busted Shark Productions’ Sherryl Clark from a Black List script by Brad Desch. After the Sundance Film Festival success of comedy/drama L’Ultimo Bacio in 2002, Muccino was picked personally by star Will Smith to direct The Pursuit Of Happyness as his first Hollywood project. The 2006 drama of a man and his son pulling their way out of poverty was a hit for both, making more than $307 million worldwide. The Italian went on to do 2008’s Seven Pounds with Smith also as well as 2012’s tepid box office performer Playing For Keeps with Gerald Butler. While he’s changed agencies, Muccino is sticking with Untitled Entertainment for management.
WME Signs ‘Pursuit Of Happyness’ Director Gabriele Muccino
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks