EXCLUSIVE: The Pursuit Of Happyness helmer has decided to pursue things with a new agency. Gabriele Muccino has come aboard WME after departing CAA earlier this month after several years, I’ve learned. Muccino is currently directing Voltage’s Fathers And Daughters starring Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried as a family struggling with the death of the mother and mental illness. Craig J. Flores and Nicolas Chartier of Voltage are producing with Busted Shark Productions’ Sherryl Clark from a Black List script by Brad Desch. After the Sundance Film Festival success of comedy/drama L’Ultimo Bacio in 2002, Muccino was picked personally by star Will Smith to direct The Pursuit Of Happyness as his first Hollywood project. The 2006 drama of a man and his son pulling their way out of poverty was a hit for both, making more than $307 million worldwide. The Italian went on to do 2008’s Seven Pounds with Smith also as well as 2012’s tepid box office performer Playing For Keeps with Gerald Butler. While he’s changed agencies, Muccino is sticking with Untitled Entertainment for management.
WME Signs ‘Pursuit Of Happyness’ Director Gabriele Muccino
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit