The always unreliable gossip columnist Richard Johnson, who last published a purported photo of me that wasn’t me among other inaccuracies, is publicly embarrassing himself yet again. Apparently he is the last person to get a clue that I am on vacation and using up the 19 weeks which I’ve banked since selling Deadline Hollywood in June 2009. I’m very grateful to The Deadline Team for carrying on so well without me, and to Hollywood for not bothering me too much during my time off, and to readers for understanding everyone needs a rest. I’ve continued doing box office because no one else at DH wanted to do it – and because, for some sick sad reason, I still love putting my own spin on it. That said, Richard already helped run Rupert’s ill-conceived ‘The Daily’ into the ground. Obviously, Johnson will never learn the fundamental lesson about calling subjects before he writes about them. How does this waste of space stay employed?
Gossip Richard Johnson Remains Clueless
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland