Corneliu Porumboiu’s When Evening Falls On Bucharest Or Metabolism is the Romanian writer-director’s third feature after Police, Adjective (2009) and 12:08 East Of Bucharest (2006). The Cinema Guild has acquired U.S. distribution rights and plans a 2014 theatrical release after its recent Stateside premiere at the New York Film Festival; it also played in Toronto and just landed an AFI Fest berth. The story follows a director of some renown who is suffering from an imaginary medical condition and a real crisis of faith. He has two weeks left to shoot his latest opus but for some unknown reason is plagued with doubt. Perhaps it has to do with his actress, with whom he’s having an affair, or the constraints of Chinese cuisine, or Michelangelo Antonioni, or something in between. The deal was negotiated by Cinema Guild’s Ryan Krivoshey with Carole Baraton of Wild Bunch.
Cinema Guild Acquires Corneliu Porumboiu’s ‘When Evening Falls On Bucharest Or Metabolism’
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest Film News
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Eyes $498M WW Opening, And Beyond – Global Preview
- Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn Says Goodbye To Distrib Boss Dave Hollis, Calls Him Equal To WB Vet Dan Fellman…
- Nantucket Film Festival To Open With Shana Feste’s ‘Boundaries’
- Academy Streamlines Eligibility & Campaigning Rules For Oscars
- MPAA Boss Charles Rivkin Touts Power Of Motion Picture Industry In Regards To Jobs & Exports; Will Fight Piracy…
- NATO’s John Fithian At CinemaCon: Theatrical “Remains A Strong Business In Face Of Disruption”