EXCLUSIVE: We’re The Millers producer Benderspink has teamed with Macmillan Films to develop the science fiction novel Day One by Nate Kenyon. Dean Loftis will write the script. Set in the near future, the book details a journalist’s attempt to escape New York to rescue his pregnant wife and young son during the chaotic first 24 hours of a sentient computer takeover. The book was published earlier this month by the St. Martin’s Press imprint Thomas Dunne Books. Brendan Deneen and Peter Joseph will produce for Macmillan Films. That is a division of Macmillan Publishers which has set up book projects at MGM, Legendary Pictures, Sony TV and The Weinstein Company. Aside from We’re The Millers, Benderspink is also producer on the Universal Ice Cube-Kevin Hart comedy Ride Along.
‘We’re The Millers’ Producer Benderspink Options Sci-Fi Novel ‘Day One’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box Office…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation