EXCLUSIVE: We’re The Millers producer Benderspink has teamed with Macmillan Films to develop the science fiction novel Day One by Nate Kenyon. Dean Loftis will write the script. Set in the near future, the book details a journalist’s attempt to escape New York to rescue his pregnant wife and young son during the chaotic first 24 hours of a sentient computer takeover. The book was published earlier this month by the St. Martin’s Press imprint Thomas Dunne Books. Brendan Deneen and Peter Joseph will produce for Macmillan Films. That is a division of Macmillan Publishers which has set up book projects at MGM, Legendary Pictures, Sony TV and The Weinstein Company. Aside from We’re The Millers, Benderspink is also producer on the Universal Ice Cube-Kevin Hart comedy Ride Along.
‘We’re The Millers’ Producer Benderspink Options Sci-Fi Novel ‘Day One’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency