The Weinstein Company will release the superstorm Sandy benefit docu 12-12-12 in NY and LA theaters on November 1. TWC will also hold a New York premiere screening of the film on October 28, the eve of the one-year anniversary when Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on the Tri-State area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The pic features a behind-the-scenes look at the show which took place at New York’s Madison Square Garden on December 12, 2012. Spearheaded by TWC Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein, Madison Square Garden Executive Chairman Jim Dolan, and Clear Channel Entertainment President John Sykes, the concert featured performances by some of the music industry’s most iconic acts including Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones and others and helped to raise over $50 million in one night for the Robin Hood Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund. All box office profits from the documentary’s theatrical run also will go to the relief fund which supports organizations helping victims in the affected states. 12-12-12 was produced by Amir Bar-Lev, Charlie Lightening and Meghan O’Hara. Victoria Parker was the executive in charge of the project at TWC and Paul McCartney and Scott Roger are executive producers of the film, which recently held its world premiere at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. The televised concert, 12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief, was also nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award.
Weinstein Co To Release Benefit Concert Docu ‘12-12-12′ In NY & LA On Nov. 1
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared’ Trailer: Centenarians Rule
- UTA Lands Chris Pratt: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Star Moves From CAA With Longtime Agents
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Producer Film Allman Contests Safety Citation In Court
- ‘Apostle Paul’ With Hugh Jackman Sainted By Warner Bros.
- Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell & Melissa McCarthy In Play After UTA Lands 5 Major CAA Comedy Agents – Update
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Trailer: Tom Hardy In High Gear Across The Wasteland