As expected, Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has officially become the new owner of the Washington Post after buying the paper for $250 million in August. Publisher Katharine Weymouth made the announcement today in an emailed memo that staff reporters Tweeted around Tuesday afternoon: “The sale of The Washington Post to Jeff Bezos is now complete. We are officially under new ownership, and a new era for The Washington Post begins.”
Washington Post Ownership Change Official
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV