As expected, Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has officially become the new owner of the Washington Post after buying the paper for $250 million in August. Publisher Katharine Weymouth made the announcement today in an emailed memo that staff reporters Tweeted around Tuesday afternoon: “The sale of The Washington Post to Jeff Bezos is now complete. We are officially under new ownership, and a new era for The Washington Post begins.”
Washington Post Ownership Change Official
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'