Film, comics, and television aren’t enough to contain Marvel‘s super-media empire. The company today unveiled a first look at their Marvel Universe LIVE!, the 2014 touring arena show combining two dozen Marvel superhero characters, acrobatics, martial art stunts, and live theater that’ll hit 28 North American cities next July. The show is produced in partnership with Feld Entertainment, whose live productions include Disney on Ice and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. Emmy-winning director Shanda Sawyer is at the helm with choreography by Thor stunt coordinator Andy Armstrong. Adam Wilson (What’s Important is Feeling: Stories, Flatscreen: A novel) and Melanie Wilson LaBracio are aboard writing what Marvel-watchers hope won’t turn into Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark Part II. Marvel debuted an official teaser at NY Comic-Con, but here’s a more revealing behind the scenes production featurette:
Marvel Expands Into Arena Theater With ‘Marvel Universe LIVE!': Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions