Film, comics, and television aren’t enough to contain Marvel‘s super-media empire. The company today unveiled a first look at their Marvel Universe LIVE!, the 2014 touring arena show combining two dozen Marvel superhero characters, acrobatics, martial art stunts, and live theater that’ll hit 28 North American cities next July. The show is produced in partnership with Feld Entertainment, whose live productions include Disney on Ice and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. Emmy-winning director Shanda Sawyer is at the helm with choreography by Thor stunt coordinator Andy Armstrong. Adam Wilson (What’s Important is Feeling: Stories, Flatscreen: A novel) and Melanie Wilson LaBracio are aboard writing what Marvel-watchers hope won’t turn into Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark Part II. Marvel debuted an official teaser at NY Comic-Con, but here’s a more revealing behind the scenes production featurette:
Marvel Expands Into Arena Theater With ‘Marvel Universe LIVE!': Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Shine International Taps Ted Bookstaver SVP Head Of Americas
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'