Film, comics, and television aren’t enough to contain Marvel‘s super-media empire. The company today unveiled a first look at their Marvel Universe LIVE!, the 2014 touring arena show combining two dozen Marvel superhero characters, acrobatics, martial art stunts, and live theater that’ll hit 28 North American cities next July. The show is produced in partnership with Feld Entertainment, whose live productions include Disney on Ice and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. Emmy-winning director Shanda Sawyer is at the helm with choreography by Thor stunt coordinator Andy Armstrong. Adam Wilson (What’s Important is Feeling: Stories, Flatscreen: A novel) and Melanie Wilson LaBracio are aboard writing what Marvel-watchers hope won’t turn into Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark Part II. Marvel debuted an official teaser at NY Comic-Con, but here’s a more revealing behind the scenes production featurette:
Marvel Expands Into Arena Theater With ‘Marvel Universe LIVE!': Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'