EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has abruptly canceled Term Life, the crime drama that had Vince Vaughn starring and producing with partner Victoria Vaughn through their Wild West Picture Show Productions banner. This comes after the studio recently set Hailee Steinfeld to co-star. Vaughn was to play a guy on the run who tries to stay out of the crosshairs of mob hit men long enough for his life insurance policy to kick in so his daughter can get the dough. Peter Billingsley had been set to direct. So many things have changed in such a short time at the studio — from the exits of Adam Fogelson and James Schamus and Andrew Karpen to the elevation of Jeff Shell to run the studio and Peter Schlessel to run Focus Features — that slate scrutiny seems inevitable. Studio insiders deny that’s what happened here. Despite the moves toward casting up the picture, Term Life just didn’t quite come together strongly enough to get greenlighted.
Universal Cancels Vince Vaughn Drama ‘Term Life’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- Guns On The Playbill? Every Major Studio Has Them This Season
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or