The decision, disclosed in an SEC filing, is a big victory for the New York Stock Exchange — and a disappointment for NASDAQ, which came under fire for technical problems last year when Facebook went public. Most major tech companies including Google and Yahoo are on NASDAQ. Twitter will trade on the NYSE under the symbol “TWTR.” It also updated some of its financial and usage info: The company had 232M monthly active users in the quarter that ended in September, up from 218M in the three months that ended in June. And sales appear to be growing nicely. Revenues in Q3 were up 104.8% compared with the period last year to $168.6M, mostly due to a 123.5% increase in ad revenue to $153.4M. The company’s net loss increased 199.2% to $64.6M. Twitter says that after it goes public it will disclose financial information to the public via tweets as well as through conventional SEC filings, press releases, and webcasts. Early this month Twitter made its initial filing with the SEC outlining plans to go public.
Twitter Breaks From High-Tech Pack And Says It Will Trade On NYSE
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Business News
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Responds To #RIPTwitter, Denies Plans To Alter Timeline: “We Get It”
- FanDuel & DraftKings See Citigroup “Block” Transactions In NY State
- Watch LA Mayor Eric Garcetti Slow-Jam The 101 Freeway Closure
- Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says ‘Star Wars’ Grabbed $50M-$100M From ‘Mockingjay 2’; Stock…
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Viacom Reinforces Culture Of Cronyism With CEO As Chairman: Commentary