EXCLUSIVE: Ender’s Game co-producer Chartoff Productions has optioned feature film rights to John Kenney‘s novel Truth In Advertising, with the author on board to write the screenplay adaptation. Kenney, also a contributor to The New Yorker, worked in the advertising agency for 17 years and his book — his first novel, published in January by Simon & Schuster imprint Touchstone — weaves insider details into a funny and honest story about the absurdity of life in the ad world, the complications of love, and the meaning of family. Chartoff’s Bob Chartoff and Lynn Hendee made the deal as the company’s latest pic, the sci-fi Ender’s Game, preps for a November 1 launch via Lionsgate.
Chartoff Productions Ready To Tell ‘Truth In Advertising’ With Rights Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
Latest Film News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Will Smith In ‘Gemini Man’
- Fathom Events Taps Ex-DWA Exec Gordon Synn For Key Role; Blue Fox Names Richard Stafford Head Of PR
- Legendary Snags Movie Rights To YA ‘Ferryman’ Trilogy
- ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Teaser: Wheels Up On Gus Van Sant’s John Callahan Movie
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look VR Deal With XYZ Films