As if last week’s wild assault on director Michael Bay wasn’t enough, now Hong Kong police are saying there’s been a second extortion attempt of the set of Transformers: Age Of Extinction. The government said in a release that a crew member was on a residential roof in To Kwa Wan when she was approached by four men who “intimidated her and asked for money”. Local authorities believe the extortion attempt was the work of a Chinese triad, and one man with suspected ties to organized crime has been arrested. He remained in custody while police hunt the other three suspects. Derek Yee Tung-sing, President of the Hong Kong Directors Guild, told the South China Morning Post that having two such incidents on a film set is “ridiculous” and “more unusual than getting a jackpot”. He said that the film “could have attracted the attention due to its big scale,” adding that he doesn’t believe it points to an increased trend of such crimes. Paramount’s high-profile sequel, starring Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer, is due for release June 27. Ideally.
Another Extortion Attempt Rocks ‘Transformers 4’ Set
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First