NBC’s Today today announced its second Today Book Club pick: Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy, by author Helen Fielding. It’s the third in a series of Bridget Jones books — the first two were made into movies which, in one of those incredible coincidences, was distributed in parts of the world by NBCUniversal’s Universal Studios. “I hope that when people have read the book, they’ll feel as though they’ve had a slice of life. And I hope they’ll have cried. I hope they’ll have laughed. And most of all, I hope they really have a lovely, lovely time reading it,” Fielding revealed on the show this morning, under questioning by NBC News correspondent/former First Daughter Jenna Bush Hager. More where that came from when Bush Hager hosts the second Today Book Club Google Hangout with the author on November 4th at 10 AM ET. The novel releases in the U.S. on October 15, and on October 16 Fielding will kick off her U.S. tour — on Today naturally, live in studio where she will sign books for fans and answer questions.
‘Today’s’ Book Club Picks Latest ‘Bridget Jones’ Novel To Plug
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM