NBC’s Today today announced its second Today Book Club pick: Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy, by author Helen Fielding. It’s the third in a series of Bridget Jones books — the first two were made into movies which, in one of those incredible coincidences, was distributed in parts of the world by NBCUniversal’s Universal Studios. “I hope that when people have read the book, they’ll feel as though they’ve had a slice of life. And I hope they’ll have cried. I hope they’ll have laughed. And most of all, I hope they really have a lovely, lovely time reading it,” Fielding revealed on the show this morning, under questioning by NBC News correspondent/former First Daughter Jenna Bush Hager. More where that came from when Bush Hager hosts the second Today Book Club Google Hangout with the author on November 4th at 10 AM ET. The novel releases in the U.S. on October 15, and on October 16 Fielding will kick off her U.S. tour — on Today naturally, live in studio where she will sign books for fans and answer questions.
‘Today’s’ Book Club Picks Latest ‘Bridget Jones’ Novel To Plug
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer