On the heels of its strong debut, the Dick Wolf-produced TNT unscripted series Cold Justice has been renewed for a second season to air in early 2014. It is the second TNT reality series to earn a sophomore-season renewal, after Boston’s Finest. The procedural, from Wolf Films and Magical Elves, pulled in 2.9 million viewers total with 942,000 among adults 25-54 in its September premiere, by far the biggest opening for a TNT reality series, with the No. 2, Boston’s Finest, at 1.3 million total viewers. The series, which wraps its first season on October 22, has averaged 2.5 million viewers season to date (most current ratings) to rank as one of basic cable’s Top 5 new unscripted series of Q3 2013. Cold Justice follows female investigators Kelly Siegler, a Texas prosecutor for 21 years who has successfully tried 68 murder cases, and Yolanda McClary, a crime scene investigator, as they dig into cold murder cases. Wolf, Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz and Tom Thayer executive produce.
TNT’s ‘Cold Justice’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series