On the heels of its strong debut, the Dick Wolf-produced TNT unscripted series Cold Justice has been renewed for a second season to air in early 2014. It is the second TNT reality series to earn a sophomore-season renewal, after Boston’s Finest. The procedural, from Wolf Films and Magical Elves, pulled in 2.9 million viewers total with 942,000 among adults 25-54 in its September premiere, by far the biggest opening for a TNT reality series, with the No. 2, Boston’s Finest, at 1.3 million total viewers. The series, which wraps its first season on October 22, has averaged 2.5 million viewers season to date (most current ratings) to rank as one of basic cable’s Top 5 new unscripted series of Q3 2013. Cold Justice follows female investigators Kelly Siegler, a Texas prosecutor for 21 years who has successfully tried 68 murder cases, and Yolanda McClary, a crime scene investigator, as they dig into cold murder cases. Wolf, Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz and Tom Thayer executive produce.
TNT’s ‘Cold Justice’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'