On the heels of its strong debut, the Dick Wolf-produced TNT unscripted series Cold Justice has been renewed for a second season to air in early 2014. It is the second TNT reality series to earn a sophomore-season renewal, after Boston’s Finest. The procedural, from Wolf Films and Magical Elves, pulled in 2.9 million viewers total with 942,000 among adults 25-54 in its September premiere, by far the biggest opening for a TNT reality series, with the No. 2, Boston’s Finest, at 1.3 million total viewers. The series, which wraps its first season on October 22, has averaged 2.5 million viewers season to date (most current ratings) to rank as one of basic cable’s Top 5 new unscripted series of Q3 2013. Cold Justice follows female investigators Kelly Siegler, a Texas prosecutor for 21 years who has successfully tried 68 murder cases, and Yolanda McClary, a crime scene investigator, as they dig into cold murder cases. Wolf, Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz and Tom Thayer executive produce.
TNT’s ‘Cold Justice’ Renewed For Season 2
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over