TNT has greenlighted Wake Up Call (working title), a successor to this summer’s The Hero. The new aspirational reality series comes from the same auspices — star/executive producer Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Electus. I hear TNT wanted to keep the aspirational theme of The Hero but in a close-ended format that would better showcase Johnson. In each episode, Johnson and his team will make a 4 AM “wake up calls” to a different set of everyday people who are facing enormous challenges in their lives and need help. TNT has ordered eight one-hour episodes for a 2014 premiere. Electus, 5×5 Media and 7 Bucks Entertainment are producing, with Electus’ Ben Silverman, Chris Grant and Jimmy Fox executive producing alongside Craig Armstrong, Rick Ringbakk and Charles Wachter of 5×5 Media; and Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia of 7 Bucks. “We had a wonderful time working with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on The Hero, in which he challenged and mentored a group of everyday heroes,” said David Eilenberg, SVP, unscripted development for TNT and TBS. “Wake Up Call evolved from our experience on The Hero and is its natural successor, bringing the human spirit of that show home to take on everyday challenges.”
TNT Greenlights New Reality Series Starring Dwayne Johnson From Electus
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'