TNT has greenlighted Wake Up Call (working title), a successor to this summer’s The Hero. The new aspirational reality series comes from the same auspices – star/executive producer Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Electus. I hear TNT wanted to keep the aspirational theme of The Hero but in a close-ended format that would better showcase Johnson. In each episode, Johnson and his team will make a 4 AM “wake up calls” to a different set of everyday people who are facing enormous challenges in their lives and need help. TNT has ordered eight one-hour episodes for a 2014 premiere. Electus, 5×5 Media and 7 Bucks Entertainment are producing, with Electus’ Ben Silverman, Chris Grant and Jimmy Fox executive producing alongside Craig Armstrong, Rick Ringbakk and Charles Wachter of 5×5 Media; and Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia of 7 Bucks. “We had a wonderful time working with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on The Hero, in which he challenged and mentored a group of everyday heroes,” said David Eilenberg, SVP, unscripted development for TNT and TBS. “Wake Up Call evolved from our experience on The Hero and is its natural successor, bringing the human spirit of that show home to take on everyday challenges.”
TNT Greenlights New Reality Series Starring Dwayne Johnson From Electus
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates