The auspices behind CBS’ midseason drama series Golden Boy, creator/executive producer Nicholas Wootton and executive producer Greg Berlanti, have reunited for another hourlong project, this time at TNT. The cable network has put in development President X, a political thriller from Berlanti Prods. and Warner Horizon Television. The sale comes on the heels of Berlanti Prods. quietly extending its rich Warner Bros. TV deal through 2018. Written by Wootton based on an idea by Alon Aranya, Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor, President X centers on a former U.S. President who wakes up from a year-long coma and, now out of power, must hunt down the individual who tried to assassinate him. Wootton and Berlanti are executive producing with Scripted World’s Aranya and Rob Golenberg (ABC’s Betrayal) and Melissa Kellner Berman. Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor serve as consulting producers.
TNT Buys Political Thriller From Nicholas Wootton & Greg Berlanti
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon