The auspices behind CBS’ midseason drama series Golden Boy, creator/executive producer Nicholas Wootton and executive producer Greg Berlanti, have reunited for another hourlong project, this time at TNT. The cable network has put in development President X, a political thriller from Berlanti Prods. and Warner Horizon Television. The sale comes on the heels of Berlanti Prods. quietly extending its rich Warner Bros. TV deal through 2018. Written by Wootton based on an idea by Alon Aranya, Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor, President X centers on a former U.S. President who wakes up from a year-long coma and, now out of power, must hunt down the individual who tried to assassinate him. Wootton and Berlanti are executive producing with Scripted World’s Aranya and Rob Golenberg (ABC’s Betrayal) and Melissa Kellner Berman. Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor serve as consulting producers.
TNT Buys Political Thriller From Nicholas Wootton & Greg Berlanti
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter