The auspices behind CBS’ midseason drama series Golden Boy, creator/executive producer Nicholas Wootton and executive producer Greg Berlanti, have reunited for another hourlong project, this time at TNT. The cable network has put in development President X, a political thriller from Berlanti Prods. and Warner Horizon Television. The sale comes on the heels of Berlanti Prods. quietly extending its rich Warner Bros. TV deal through 2018. Written by Wootton based on an idea by Alon Aranya, Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor, President X centers on a former U.S. President who wakes up from a year-long coma and, now out of power, must hunt down the individual who tried to assassinate him. Wootton and Berlanti are executive producing with Scripted World’s Aranya and Rob Golenberg (ABC’s Betrayal) and Melissa Kellner Berman. Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor serve as consulting producers.
TNT Buys Political Thriller From Nicholas Wootton & Greg Berlanti
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better
- ‘Quantico’ Adds Three Recurring To Cast
- Freeform/ABC Family Sets Winter Premieres For New, Returning Shows