The auspices behind CBS’ midseason drama series Golden Boy, creator/executive producer Nicholas Wootton and executive producer Greg Berlanti, have reunited for another hourlong project, this time at TNT. The cable network has put in development President X, a political thriller from Berlanti Prods. and Warner Horizon Television. The sale comes on the heels of Berlanti Prods. quietly extending its rich Warner Bros. TV deal through 2018. Written by Wootton based on an idea by Alon Aranya, Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor, President X centers on a former U.S. President who wakes up from a year-long coma and, now out of power, must hunt down the individual who tried to assassinate him. Wootton and Berlanti are executive producing with Scripted World’s Aranya and Rob Golenberg (ABC’s Betrayal) and Melissa Kellner Berman. Guy Nattiv and Erez Tadmor serve as consulting producers.
TNT Buys Political Thriller From Nicholas Wootton & Greg Berlanti
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'