UPDATED: Time Warner Cable announced this morning that it has sealed a deal to carry Qatar-owned broadcaster Al Jazeera America on its TWC and Bright House Networks systems. TWC famously dropped Current TV minutes after its sale to Al Jazeera was announced in January but said at the time that it was “keeping an open mind.” “We said in January that we would consider Al Jazeera America,” TWC EVP Melinda Witmer said today. “Now that the channel is live, we think that it would be of value to our customers and are pleased to make it available.” The agreement will ultimately make the channel available to almost 55 million customers, starting with the top two markers, New York and Los Angeles. In August, Al Jazeera sued AT&T for refusing to carry it.
Time Warner Cable To Carry Al Jazeera America
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”
- ABC Buys Small-Town Family Comedy From ‘Life In Pieces’ Duo
- Discovery And Scripps Shareholders Approve Pending $14.6 Billion Merger
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’