UPDATED: Time Warner Cable announced this morning that it has sealed a deal to carry Qatar-owned broadcaster Al Jazeera America on its TWC and Bright House Networks systems. TWC famously dropped Current TV minutes after its sale to Al Jazeera was announced in January but said at the time that it was “keeping an open mind.” “We said in January that we would consider Al Jazeera America,” TWC EVP Melinda Witmer said today. “Now that the channel is live, we think that it would be of value to our customers and are pleased to make it available.” The agreement will ultimately make the channel available to almost 55 million customers, starting with the top two markers, New York and Los Angeles. In August, Al Jazeera sued AT&T for refusing to carry it.
Time Warner Cable To Carry Al Jazeera America
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’