UPDATED: Time Warner Cable announced this morning that it has sealed a deal to carry Qatar-owned broadcaster Al Jazeera America on its TWC and Bright House Networks systems. TWC famously dropped Current TV minutes after its sale to Al Jazeera was announced in January but said at the time that it was “keeping an open mind.” “We said in January that we would consider Al Jazeera America,” TWC EVP Melinda Witmer said today. “Now that the channel is live, we think that it would be of value to our customers and are pleased to make it available.” The agreement will ultimately make the channel available to almost 55 million customers, starting with the top two markers, New York and Los Angeles. In August, Al Jazeera sued AT&T for refusing to carry it.
Time Warner Cable To Carry Al Jazeera America
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Andreeva
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
- 'The Erotic Silence Of The American Wife' Drama From Sally Robinson & Tony Krantz Set At ABC
- Tyra Banks Panel Talk Show To Launch In Fall 2015 On ABC Stations
- ABC Buys Bookclub Comedy From Patti Carr, Lara Olsen & Eva Longoria
- Pitbull To Return As Host Of American Music Awards