UPDATED: Time Warner Cable announced this morning that it has sealed a deal to carry Qatar-owned broadcaster Al Jazeera America on its TWC and Bright House Networks systems. TWC famously dropped Current TV minutes after its sale to Al Jazeera was announced in January but said at the time that it was “keeping an open mind.” “We said in January that we would consider Al Jazeera America,” TWC EVP Melinda Witmer said today. “Now that the channel is live, we think that it would be of value to our customers and are pleased to make it available.” The agreement will ultimately make the channel available to almost 55 million customers, starting with the top two markers, New York and Los Angeles. In August, Al Jazeera sued AT&T for refusing to carry it.
Time Warner Cable To Carry Al Jazeera America
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
- 'How To Get Away With Murder' Ends Fall Run On High Ratings Note, 'Reign' Hits Low
- Jimmy Fallon, John Krasinski And Stephen Merchant To Produce & Perform On Lip Sync Battle Series For Spike