The agreement will make the No. 2 cable operator and Bright House Networks among the first distributors to have filmmaker Robert Rodriguez’s English-language entertainment channel, El Rey Network, when it launches this year. “Time Warner Cable’s commitment to El Rey emboldens our ability to bring exciting, visceral and cinematic stories to young viewers across the U.S.” says Rodriguez. TWC EVP Melinda Witmer says that the channel “will provide our customers with a unique experience.” The pact for a broad suite of channels including Univision also includes what the companies call “a first-of-its-kind local news partnership to better serve Hispanic audiences in Los Angeles, New York and other shared markets.” The deal comes well ahead of the expiration of the parties’ existing agreement, they say. TWC will offer new networks including Univision Deportes, Univision tlNovelas and FOROtv along with UniMás, Galavisión, De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson, Telehit and Distrito Comedia. There’s no mention of deal terms. But TWC will pick up out-of-home TV Everywhere streaming rights to content including Univision’s UVideos and Univision Deportes’ digital properties.
Time Warner Cable Reaches Distribution Deal With Univision That Includes El Rey Network And Local News
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- New Pro Football League Leapfrogs XFL, Unveils Plans For 2019 Kickoff & CBS Deal
- No. 9 ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Former ‘Apprentice’ Contestant May Proceed With Defamation Suit Against Donald Trump, Judge Rules
- Ex-Playmate Alleging Donald Trump Affair Sues To End Contractual Silence