It’s no secret Tim Burton‘s been plotting a sequel to his Beetlejuice; he’s been talking it up at various press events for two years now since Deadline’s Mike Fleming first reported Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg would be producing the pic for their KatzSmith Productions. So who’s shocked that Burton’s mulling an offer to direct the ghost-with-the-most follow-up for Warner Bros? I’m told even though he’s in very early negotiations on the Grahame-Smith-penned sequel, it won’t be his next film. He’s got Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children set for summer 2015 and is finishing Big Eyes for next August.
Beware Those Tim Burton-‘Beetlejuice 2’ Ghost Stories
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood