It’s no secret Tim Burton‘s been plotting a sequel to his Beetlejuice; he’s been talking it up at various press events for two years now since Deadline’s Mike Fleming first reported Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg would be producing the pic for their KatzSmith Productions. So who’s shocked that Burton’s mulling an offer to direct the ghost-with-the-most follow-up for Warner Bros? I’m told even though he’s in very early negotiations on the Grahame-Smith-penned sequel, it won’t be his next film. He’s got Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children set for summer 2015 and is finishing Big Eyes for next August.
Beware Those Tim Burton-‘Beetlejuice 2’ Ghost Stories
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board