Music and video distribution label The Orchard has pacted with horror site ShockTillYouDrop to acquire and distribute indie horror features, the companies announced today. The digital and home video venture launches with a new Orchard-owned, ShockTillYouDrop-branded YouTube channel and a quartet of horror acquisitions which will be released later this month: Missionary by Anthony DiBlasi; The Complex by Ringu and The Ring Two helmer Hideo Nakata; and Continental Media’s wilderness thriller Solo and German horror Bela Kiss, about a Hungarian serial killer. ShockTillYouDrop Managing Editor Ryan Turek, who runs the horror website, will be instrumental in acquisitions. The banner’s films will be available online via iTunes, Amazon, Hulu, XBox, Playstation, Vudu, and Netflix while select titles will be offered on Cable VOD and DVD. Solo, from director Isaac Cravit, will be released first on October 22.
The Orchard, Shock Till You Drop Team On Horror Distribution Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
Latest Film News
- F. Gary Gray Expected To Direct ‘Furious 8’
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few