Music and video distribution label The Orchard has pacted with horror site ShockTillYouDrop to acquire and distribute indie horror features, the companies announced today. The digital and home video venture launches with a new Orchard-owned, ShockTillYouDrop-branded YouTube channel and a quartet of horror acquisitions which will be released later this month: Missionary by Anthony DiBlasi; The Complex by Ringu and The Ring Two helmer Hideo Nakata; and Continental Media’s wilderness thriller Solo and German horror Bela Kiss, about a Hungarian serial killer. ShockTillYouDrop Managing Editor Ryan Turek, who runs the horror website, will be instrumental in acquisitions. The banner’s films will be available online via iTunes, Amazon, Hulu, XBox, Playstation, Vudu, and Netflix while select titles will be offered on Cable VOD and DVD. Solo, from director Isaac Cravit, will be released first on October 22.
The Orchard, Shock Till You Drop Team On Horror Distribution Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case