Music and video distribution label The Orchard has pacted with horror site ShockTillYouDrop to acquire and distribute indie horror features, the companies announced today. The digital and home video venture launches with a new Orchard-owned, ShockTillYouDrop-branded YouTube channel and a quartet of horror acquisitions which will be released later this month: Missionary by Anthony DiBlasi; The Complex by Ringu and The Ring Two helmer Hideo Nakata; and Continental Media’s wilderness thriller Solo and German horror Bela Kiss, about a Hungarian serial killer. ShockTillYouDrop Managing Editor Ryan Turek, who runs the horror website, will be instrumental in acquisitions. The banner’s films will be available online via iTunes, Amazon, Hulu, XBox, Playstation, Vudu, and Netflix while select titles will be offered on Cable VOD and DVD. Solo, from director Isaac Cravit, will be released first on October 22.
The Orchard, Shock Till You Drop Team On Horror Distribution Venture
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'