The firebrand lawmaker has been the subject of countless jokes on the late-night circuit in recent weeks, but now he’s ready to give his side of the story. Sen. Ted Cruz has booked a November 8 sit-down on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. There’s no shortage of topics for the host and guest to cover, so Cruz’s recent blocking then backpedaling on the confirmation of Ted Wheeler as FCC chairman might not come up. He also appeared on Fusion during its launch day this week. Of course, Cruz has been in the news for a few other reasons lately, so we likely can expect some discussion of, oh, the Obamacare rollout, the government shutdown, the debt ceiling, etc. Maybe the Tea Party-backed senator will even have a few zingers to throw back at Jay Leno.
Ted Cruz Set For Late-Night Debut On ‘The Tonight Show’ Next Month
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV