The firebrand lawmaker has been the subject of countless jokes on the late-night circuit in recent weeks, but now he’s ready to give his side of the story. Sen. Ted Cruz has booked a November 8 sit-down on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. There’s no shortage of topics for the host and guest to cover, so Cruz’s recent blocking then backpedaling on the confirmation of Ted Wheeler as FCC chairman might not come up. He also appeared on Fusion during its launch day this week. Of course, Cruz has been in the news for a few other reasons lately, so we likely can expect some discussion of, oh, the Obamacare rollout, the government shutdown, the debt ceiling, etc. Maybe the Tea Party-backed senator will even have a few zingers to throw back at Jay Leno.
Ted Cruz Set For Late-Night Debut On ‘The Tonight Show’ Next Month
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer