TBS’ new late-night entry, The Pete Holmes Show, opened to 407,000 viewers at midnight on Monday, 245,000 of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. That was below the debut of the other new late-night cable show, Comedy Central‘s @midnight, which premiered last Monday to 549,992 total viewers and 260,876 adults 18-49, and Pete Holmes‘ predecessor in the post-Conan slot, Lopez Tonight, which clocked in 425,000 viewers and 269,000 adults 18-49 in its final week. Pete Holmes, which is produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco, only held half of its Conan lead-in, 782,000 total viewers, 482,000 adults 18-49. In the first midnight face-off last night, the Funny Or Die-produced @midnight topped Pete Holmes in every category, including adults 18-49 (393,000 vs. 245,000), helped by a stronger lead-in from The Colbert Report (628,000 adults 18-49). @midnight’s dominance is strongest in the younger demos, as it beat all late-night cable shows, including lead-ins The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and Colbert Report, in persons 18-24 where it drew 127,000 viewers last night. Colbert was No. 2 with 106,000, while Pete Holmes had 51,000.
TBS’ ‘Pete Holmes Show’ Off To Soft Start, Topped By Comedy Central’s ‘@midnight’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot