EXCLUSIVE: Orange is the New Black‘s Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow), currently a regular on Netflix’s prison drama, has been cast in the indie dramedy A Light Beneath Their Feet. The pic films in February. Manning will star in the John Hughes-esque coming-of-age tale about a high school senior who must choose between heading to college and taking care of her bipolar mother (Manning). The PhD Productions pic is directed by Valerie Weiss (Losing Control) from a script by Moira McMahon Leeper (Maddox). Jeffrey Loeb is exec producing. Rob Johnson is producing. Manning is repped by APA and Radius Entertainment.
Taryn Manning Joins Indie Dramedy ‘A Light Beneath Their Feet’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Catherine Zeta-Jones To Play Colombian Drug Lord In 'The Godmother'
- Quentin Tarantino's New Beverly Cinema Re-Opens In Los Angeles
- 'The Bridge's Diane Kruger Sets Indies 'Maryland' & 'Sky'
- UTA Independent Film Group Adds Memento Films' Nick Shumaker
- 'Interstellar' Trailer: Matthew McConaughey Will Save Us All
- Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' To Open Two Days Early In 35mm, 70mm