EXCLUSIVE: Orange is the New Black‘s Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow), currently a regular on Netflix’s prison drama, has been cast in the indie dramedy A Light Beneath Their Feet. The pic films in February. Manning will star in the John Hughes-esque coming-of-age tale about a high school senior who must choose between heading to college and taking care of her bipolar mother (Manning). The PhD Productions pic is directed by Valerie Weiss (Losing Control) from a script by Moira McMahon Leeper (Maddox). Jeffrey Loeb is exec producing. Rob Johnson is producing. Manning is repped by APA and Radius Entertainment.
Taryn Manning Joins Indie Dramedy ‘A Light Beneath Their Feet’
What's Hot on Deadline
Motion Pictures Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge,' 'Westworld' Among Winners - Full List
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete…
- Richard Schickel Dies: Time Magazine Film Critic Was 84