EXCLUSIVE: Orange is the New Black‘s Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow), currently a regular on Netflix’s prison drama, has been cast in the indie dramedy A Light Beneath Their Feet. The pic films in February. Manning will star in the John Hughes-esque coming-of-age tale about a high school senior who must choose between heading to college and taking care of her bipolar mother (Manning). The PhD Productions pic is directed by Valerie Weiss (Losing Control) from a script by Moira McMahon Leeper (Maddox). Jeffrey Loeb is exec producing. Rob Johnson is producing. Manning is repped by APA and Radius Entertainment.
Taryn Manning Joins Indie Dramedy ‘A Light Beneath Their Feet’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Trangender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure
- Art Directors Guild Sets Trio For Lifetime Achievement Award
- ‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega On Managing High Expectations For ‘Star Wars’