EXCLUSIVE: Orange is the New Black‘s Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow), currently a regular on Netflix’s prison drama, has been cast in the indie dramedy A Light Beneath Their Feet. The pic films in February. Manning will star in the John Hughes-esque coming-of-age tale about a high school senior who must choose between heading to college and taking care of her bipolar mother (Manning). The PhD Productions pic is directed by Valerie Weiss (Losing Control) from a script by Moira McMahon Leeper (Maddox). Jeffrey Loeb is exec producing. Rob Johnson is producing. Manning is repped by APA and Radius Entertainment.
Taryn Manning Joins Indie Dramedy ‘A Light Beneath Their Feet’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Yamato
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
- Lionsgate's Codeblack Inks First-Look Deal With Datari Turner
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller 'Preservation'