EXCLUSIVE: Orange is the New Black‘s Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow), currently a regular on Netflix’s prison drama, has been cast in the indie dramedy A Light Beneath Their Feet. The pic films in February. Manning will star in the John Hughes-esque coming-of-age tale about a high school senior who must choose between heading to college and taking care of her bipolar mother (Manning). The PhD Productions pic is directed by Valerie Weiss (Losing Control) from a script by Moira McMahon Leeper (Maddox). Jeffrey Loeb is exec producing. Rob Johnson is producing. Manning is repped by APA and Radius Entertainment.
Taryn Manning Joins Indie Dramedy ‘A Light Beneath Their Feet’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Yamato
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'
- Fashion Doc 'Dior And I' Catwalks To The Orchard
- Aaron Sorkin Confirms Christian Bale In Steve Jobs Role
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer: Marvel Releases Early Peek After Online Leak
- Alcon Worldwide Marketing President Richard Ingber To Exit