EXCLUSIVE: Opposite Worlds, which had been in the works at Syfy for a year, has received a formal green light for a January 21, 2014 premiere. The competition reality series, based on the Chilean format Mundos Opuestos, will air 12 episodes over six weeks, with the second weekly episode featuring a live element — a first for a Syfy reality series. Opposite Worlds, from Extreme Weight Loss producer Eyeworks USA, pits 14 people who face off in opposing teams in a house separated into two distinctly different worlds: one past and one future, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. A glass wall divides the house into the two environments, allowing the teams to watch, envy and dread each other’s every move. Cast members compete in a series of challenges, with viewers weighing in in real time on social media, affecting the outcome of each player’s fate. “Building on the success of Defiance, Opposite Worlds delivers on Syfy’s on-going strategy to create fully immersive 360 transmedia experiences in both the scripted and now unscripted worlds”, said Dave Howe, President, Syfy and Chiller. JD Roth and Todd A. Nelson, Brant Pinvidic and Adam Kaloustian executive produce.
Syfy Greenlights Interactive Competition Reality Series ‘Opposite Worlds’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate