EXCLUSIVE: Opposite Worlds, which had been in the works at Syfy for a year, has received a formal green light for a January 21, 2014 premiere. The competition reality series, based on the Chilean format Mundos Opuestos, will air 12 episodes over six weeks, with the second weekly episode featuring a live element — a first for a Syfy reality series. Opposite Worlds, from Extreme Weight Loss producer Eyeworks USA, pits 14 people who face off in opposing teams in a house separated into two distinctly different worlds: one past and one future, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. A glass wall divides the house into the two environments, allowing the teams to watch, envy and dread each other’s every move. Cast members compete in a series of challenges, with viewers weighing in in real time on social media, affecting the outcome of each player’s fate. “Building on the success of Defiance, Opposite Worlds delivers on Syfy’s on-going strategy to create fully immersive 360 transmedia experiences in both the scripted and now unscripted worlds”, said Dave Howe, President, Syfy and Chiller. JD Roth and Todd A. Nelson, Brant Pinvidic and Adam Kaloustian executive produce.
Syfy Greenlights Interactive Competition Reality Series ‘Opposite Worlds’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast