A heavy-hitter panel of Hollywood pros is going to pick a trailer for Christopher Golden’s upcoming horror novel, Snowblind. St. Martin’s Press, along with social marketers Talenthouse, has brought Man of Steel writer David S. Goyer, producers Frank Darabont and Don Murphy, Grudge scribe Stephen Susco and Golden himself on board to choose the winner from submissions by amateur filmmakers. The deadline is January 6. The victorious 1-minute trailer will be used as big part of the marketing of bestseller Golden’s first horror novel in more than a decade, the publisher says. Also the winning filmmaker is promised a sit-down with one of the judges, which is a pretty great way to get your foot in the Hollywood door. Snowblind details a devastated New England town coping with the scars of a fatal blizzard and a new one on the way. The novel is scheduled to be released on January 14,. No stranger to Hollywood, Golden, a former Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Hellboy novels scribe, has several projects in studio development.
St. Martin’s Sets David S. Goyer & Frank Darabont Among Judges For New Christopher Golden Novel Trailer Contest
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role