A heavy-hitter panel of Hollywood pros is going to pick a trailer for Christopher Golden’s upcoming horror novel, Snowblind. St. Martin’s Press, along with social marketers Talenthouse, has brought Man of Steel writer David S. Goyer, producers Frank Darabont and Don Murphy, Grudge scribe Stephen Susco and Golden himself on board to choose the winner from submissions by amateur filmmakers. The deadline is January 6. The victorious 1-minute trailer will be used as big part of the marketing of bestseller Golden’s first horror novel in more than a decade, the publisher says. Also the winning filmmaker is promised a sit-down with one of the judges, which is a pretty great way to get your foot in the Hollywood door. Snowblind details a devastated New England town coping with the scars of a fatal blizzard and a new one on the way. The novel is scheduled to be released on January 14,. No stranger to Hollywood, Golden, a former Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Hellboy novels scribe, has several projects in studio development.
St. Martin’s Sets David S. Goyer & Frank Darabont Among Judges For New Christopher Golden Novel Trailer Contest
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature